Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Interesting...

"It's interesting." said my 91+ friend Bill when I walked into the dining room today.  He had just hung up from a conversation with a long-time lady friend of his and Orienne's.    

"What's interesting?" I asked.

With a soft content smile - he answered, "There are so many kinds of love.  It's a wonderful thing."

It wasn't the answer I was expecting - not that I was necessarily expecting a certain answer.  But - it was an answer that touched my heart in its deepest places.  Simple but profound.  True and more true. 

These kinds of moments remind me just how much I love them - and am going to miss them - when they move away.  It's been an honor and privilege to have had them in my life these past 10 months.

Yes, Bill - there are many kinds of love. 

...and you should know because love is abundant in you....

No comments:

Post a Comment